Would you like to advertise in this space !
Do you have a bowling problem ?
Learn the Basic’s
Poplar Drive, Rayleigh Road, Hutton, Essex, CM13 1YT
Affiliated to Bowls England - E.C.B.A. - E.C.W.B.A.
Types of Shot
1. Draw - a bowl that is perfectly weighted and delivered on the correct line to finish close to or touching the jack without assistance from adjacent bowl or bowls.
2. Resting - a bowl that is perfectly weighted and delivered on the correct line and comes to rest against another bowl.
3.Resting - out - a bowl that is delivered with controlled weight just sufficient to remove an existing bowl and take its place.
4. Jack Trail - a bowl that is perfectly weighted and delivered on the correct line so that it contacts the jack and follows it closely.
5. Using Adjacent Bowl - a bowl that is delivered with the intention of promoting an earlier bowl into the head or …….. a bowl that wicks off an adjacent bowl into the head.
6. Drive or Fire - a bowl that is delivered with aggressive weight to remove the jack, a specific bowl or break up a head of bowls.
H.P.B.C. Coaching Guides